The following instructions will explain how to change your profile information, as well as insert your gallery icon, bio, CV and artist statement.
- Go to the website (www.contextural.ca) and click on the MEMBERS ONLY link at the bottom of any page.
- Log in (your user name is your firstname.lastname and everyone’s password is fibreart)
- Now click on DASHBOARD on your left.
- Let’s change that password
- Click on Profile (left hand side)
- Insert your contact info if you wish
- Change your password (at the bottom)
- Just below the password change you’ll also want to enter when you became a member, and whether you want to offer workshops/lectures/commissions (facebook, website etc. are optional)
- Now let’s add an image for your gallery icon (this is what will show when people click on galleries/artists and there will be a grid of thumbnails with your names underneath as a link to your gallery pages)
- Click on POSTS
- Find the PAGE with your name on it (the category should be artist frontpage) and click on your name or edit
- In the bottom right corner of the window you should see “Set Feature Image”
- Click on Select Files – find your file and click open
- You can add the extra information if you like (description, alternate text etc)
- At the bottom of the window, you should see – use as featured image click itClose the window
- You should see your thumbnail image under “Featured Image” ** NOTE ** If you have inserted an image previously as your “feature image” and wish to change it, you will have to click on media – on the left hand side of your screen – then find the image and either delete it or unattach it. Then go through steps 6-1 through 5.
- Before you leave this post, lets insert your main artist page image.
- Erase the code stuff that is in the text box.
- Click on the small camera icon next to the word Upload/Insert above the word processing box.
- Select your file and click upload.
- Insert your title and description (your description should be the title, medium, date, size etc)
- Select that the image be medium size (no more than 400px x 400px) and centered
- Click insert into post
- Now click on UPDATE on the right hand side.
- Okay, lets check our work – right click on preview and view in new tab.
Now let’s work on your Bio and Statement
- Click on Posts – top right hand corner
- Click on artist statement and type in your artist statement (or cut and paste is easiest) just like a word document
Make sure you hit publish or save draft before you go on to the next post.
- CV Time
- Click on bio + cv (left hand side)
- Again type in your biography (or cut and paste)
- Now click on the small camera icon to upload your CV.
- You will need to have your CV in .PDF format otherwise this won’t work.
- Choose your file, click upload and retitle it ” download cv “
- Click insert into post.
- Don’t Forget to Publish!
- Voila – You are done!
Posted in: Instructions