Deadline: Sunday, March 31, 2013
Please attach the following to the body of your submission email.
- Statement of intent that addresses the questions below (maximum two pages total, please no point form)
- What specific goals do you have for your time at the residency?
- Describe your strengths in terms of the Contextural values as listed on the contextural.ca website
**If you are an active Contextural member NOT applying for the Residency Scholarship you are ONLY required to submit a Statement of Intent**
- CV (max 2 pages) - Please include the following information as it pertains to the residency:
- professional training (educational background, mentors, workshops, etc.)
- exhibition or public presentation history (including the dates, titles, names and locations of galleries or place of presentation, whether solo or group shows)
- collections: public, corporate and private
- bibliography of critical reviews of your work
- prizes, awards and other grants
- other activities related to your practice.
- Artist Statement (maximum 1 page) - Please note this is not a biography or a cover letter, but rather a short insight on your creative process, philosophy, vision, and passion.
- 5-6 images of your work – relevant to the work you intend to do in the space. (images should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi and maximum 1024 x 768 pixels). Please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance to modify your images.
- Image list – including title, date, medium and dimensions of artwork
Email your application or statement of intent to: email@example.com with the subject ‘2013 Summer Residency Application’. In the body of the submission email indicate which residency you are applying for (one-month, June or August or three-month residency). Only participants applying for the three-month residency program will be eligible for the Residency Scholarship.