- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM by midnight on the application deadline.
- Alternatively, you can email your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the application deadline. Your email application should include Residency in the subject line, and email must include your full name, address, email, phone number and the residency you’re applying for.
- Part Time (May Start or July Start)
- Full Time
✓Statement of intent that addresses the questions below (maximum two pages total, please no point form. Accepted formats are .doc, .docx or .pdf format)
- What specific goals do you have for your time at the residency? What do you hope to gain by participating in the residency? How will you spend your time in the studio?
- Describe your strengths in terms of the Contextural values as listed on the contextural.ca website.
- If you are applying for the full-time (May-August) residency, please indicate if you would like to be considered for the residency scholarship and how you would use the scholarship funds for supplies and materials.
**Contextural members are ONLY required to submit a Statement of Intent unless you would like to be considered for the scholarship, which requires a complete application**
✓ CV (maximum 2 pages)
Please include the following information as it pertains to the residency:
- professional training (educational background, mentors, workshops, etc.)
- exhibition or public presentation history (including the dates, titles, names and locations of galleries or place of presentation, whether solo or group shows)
- collections: public, corporate and private
- bibliography of critical reviews of your work
- prizes, awards and other grants
- other activities related to your practice
✓ Artist Statement (maximum 1 page)
See attached info sheet on how to write an artist statement. Please note this is not a biography or a cover letter, but rather a short insight on your creative process, philosophy, vision, and passion.
✓ 5-6 images of your work – relevant to the work you intend to do in the space. (images should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi and maximum 1024 x 768 pixels). Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance to modify your images.
✓ Image list – including title, date, medium and dimensions of artwork
APPLY NOW (click here) through the online application form. Deadline for submissions is April 14, 2023 @ midnight.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.